This article shares some great advice from Phoenix motorcycle accident attorney, Aaron Crane from Cantor Crane in preventing fatal motorcycle accidents. Riding a motorcycle is a thrilling experience. You can ride without the confines of another type of vehicle. You can get through smaller spaces when you are on a motorcycle, but you can also be in an accident a lot easier too. It is important to be careful on the road, and if you are in an accident, you get the proper motorcycle accident lawyer to represent you in a court of law.
Safety Tips when riding on a Motorcycle
• You must make sure that you know how to operate a motorcycle properly. This might take specific training and licensing. You need to understand how to brake, ride, start the bike and stop so that you are able to get around on the roads without being a hazard to other drivers. Make sure that you are comfortable with all the different aspects of operating a motorcycle before you take it out on the road for a drive. Have someone test you on the various aspects of driving one so that you are sure you understand all that there is about driving one.
• Clothing is important. You must make sure that you can be seen by the other drivers on the road. It is important to wear protective gear too. A helmet can be the greatest protection from a head injury in the event of an accident. Make sure that you and your passenger wear one at all times. Protection for your eyes is also necessary. You will want to also make sure that you have good shoes or boots and wear clothing that is protective to your body also.
• Do not take drugs or drink alcohol while you are driving a motorcycle. You will want to make sure that you are completely alert when taking to the road. If you are going on a long trip, make sure that you get the proper amount of sleep that you need in order to drive correctly. You want to make sure that you can get from point A to Point B without a problem.
• Be on guard when you are driving a motorcycle at any time of the day or night. Watch for other drivers, and pay attention to all the road signs, signals and lights. Make sure that you don’t drive if you are tired. Avoid accidents by being cautious and watching for any problems on the road because they can arise at any time.
• Refuse to get into any road rage when on the road. Don’t let other drivers get you upset because when you are on the road on a motorcycle, you can get in an accident very quickly. You need to keep your calm while you are operating a motorcycle because you have very minimal protection if you should get into an accident on the road.
• Night riding on a motorcycle can be very difficult. It is best to be very careful while driving at night. Always make sure that the bike is operating correctly and the lights are on. Likewise, be careful in weather that isn’t up to par. Watch for rain, fog and other unusual weather events and pull off the road if you need to.
• Don’t try to ride someone else’s motorcycle. You may not be familiar with how to operate it correctly and this can cause you more problems than it is worth. Make sure that you understand it before you take it out on the road or forego the ride. It isn’t worth getting into an accident just to show someone else that you can drive their motorcycle.
• Using caution and common sense is imperative when driving a motorcycle. Make sure that you understand that there is little protection if you are in an accident and drive accordingly. Always be as careful as possible while out on the road.
At Cantor Crane, we give you a free consultation to talk with our motorcycle accident lawyer professionals. With our experience and knowledge, we will be able to help you get the money that you deserve if you were injured in an accident involving a motorcycle. Your peace of mind is what we are looking for, so call us when you need us, and we will give you the best advice possible. Contact us today at (602) 254-2701.