New Jersey, this week in crime
A preacher has been taken into custody who was involved in a sexual assault case. He ran away after he molested a 13-year-old boy. A New Jersey jury found him guilty last year.
Gregorio Martinez is among those individuals who were either taken into custody, charged with, convicted of, or sentenced for getting involved in a wide variety of offenses that made news across New Jersey in the past week.
- 46-year-old Henry A. Cruz Ventura was taken into custody on Thursday as he was behind the wheel of a truck which had heroin and cocaine present in it worth $5.4 million. The drugs were seized by the police.
- 54-year-old Carlos Diaz Rojas was taken into custody for child pornography; he has hundreds of pictures and videos in his laptop.
- 33-year-old Arturo Alomas, who was accused of killing his girlfriend and fleeing the state with their 2-month-old daughter, was indicted this week.
- 2 individuals, 36-year-old Adalberto ‘Pepsi’ Garcia and 57-year-old Ramon ‘Tone’ Vega were taken into custody in a drug raid in which the cops seized prescription pills and drugs worth million dollars. They both got 32 charges in their criminal history.
- In an auto-theft ring, 17 individuals were indicted as they were misguiding individuals selling their motor vehicles on Craigslist. The total amount of fraud committed was $100,000.
- 42-year-old Marcos Santiago, who was accused of choking his girlfriend in the month of May, was taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault.
- 67-year-old Phillip C. Heiney, a school board president in Middlesex County, was taken into custody for child pornography. He has pictures and the videos of young males and females, which he distributes for money.
- On Thursday, 4 individuals were indicted in an alleged drug robbery turned fatal in 2015. 4 of the individuals charged face felony murder charges.
- 32-year-old Andre Harris, who was accused of killing a Linden woman, is summoned to court on Friday on charges that he attempted to kill the same woman months earlier. The suspect was taken into custody last week and charged with killing Julius and burying her.