If you are suffering from a serious personal injury you sustained during a car accident, a car accident lawyer in Phoenix residents trust may be able to assist you. While many accident victims are understandably more focused on their healthcare than finding a qualified attorney, the expertise a personal injury lawyer can provide may be essential to winning your case.
Here are some easy ways you can find a skilled car accident lawyer Phoenix courts know and respect.
- Talking with friends and coworkers is a great way to discover information about the local legal community. Word of mouth advertising connects many accident victims with qualified lawyers who can help them obtain the compensation they deserve. The best part about learning about a lawyer through acquaintances is that you can get an idea of how the lawyer treats his or her clients and manages each case.
- Searching online legal directories such as Justia Lawyers and FindLaw are also an effective way to find lawyers whose specialties align with your case. From complex personal injury to straightforward accident cases, these websites provide valuable information to help you make an informed decision.
- Consider using your local bar association’s referral services to connect with a qualified lawyer in your area. The American Bar Association frequently refers clients to respected lawyers in good standing with the organization.
- If you already know a trustworthy lawyer who manages your affairs in another area of law, such as taxes or family law, consider asking him for a referral to a colleague who handles personal injury cases. If you already trust this lawyer, he likely has a colleague of similar ethics and practices.
- Meeting with lawyers who seem like a good fit is the best way to determine who you should work with. Discuss the details of your case with each candidate and do not be afraid to ask questions about the practice. You will be able to get a feel for whether the lawyer’s case strategy fits your needs.
- When looking for the best personal injury lawyer, consider how long each candidate has been in practice. While new lawyers may have the knowledge it takes to pursue a personal injury claim, an experienced attorney has already been through the process and emerged successful many times. Proven outcomes go a long way in the decision-making process.
- Examine the lawyer’s case history and determine the percentage of cases that are actually in the area of personal injury law. Some firms claim to be experienced in personal injury law, but they do not actually manage many of these cases.
- When it comes to getting compensation for your injuries, look for an attorney with experience as a plaintiff’s attorney. While an attorney who is used to managing personal injury defense may still be able to help you, a plaintiff’s attorney has more experience when it comes to managing cases from your point of view.
- In many cases, more than one attorney will be assigned to your personal injury case, especially if the case is complicated or involves an unusually large claim. Ask to meet these lawyers before they are assigned to your case to determine whether you want to work with them. Questions about the details of your case, how each lawyer would manage the opposition and past experience are all appropriate in this scenario. Remember that you will be working with these attorneys for a significant amount of time until your case is settled, so it is important that you find a firm you can trust to represent your claim. Contact Cantor Crane for legal representation today at (602) 254-2701.