Facing assault charges in NJ can be a very frightening experience. Understanding the laws and potential consequences related to assault charges can be overwhelming.
Given the severe consequences of a conviction on assault charges, you’ll need to consult an attorney immediately. The Law Offices of Samuel L Sachs ESQ LLC has decades of experience in these matters. With a proven track record of defending assault charges and experience inside the various jurisdictions in New Jersey, you can be assured of a vigorous defense.
There are many different actions that can lead to assault charges in New Jersey.
Some of these include:
- Attempting to cause bodily injury to another person
- Negligently causing bodily injury with a deadly weapon
- Attempting to cause fear in another
Each of these actions are considered simple assault, but will require the assistance of a criminal lawyer to mount a defense on your behalf.
If you are facing aggravated assault charges, the penalties are stiffer.
What constitutes aggravated assault charges?
- Attempting to cause serious bodily injury to another
- Attempting to cause bodily injury with a deadly weapon
- Recklessly causing bodily injury with a deadly weapon
- Showing indifference to human life; pointing a firearm at another person
There are other circumstances that can fall under the aggravated assault category, but regardless if they’re simple or aggravated charges, you’ll want an experience attorney in your corner.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org/criminal-defense and a free consultation.